As the owner of a leasehold property you are not usually required to insure the buildings however you are still legally liable for the welfare of your tenant, so should the tenant suffer an injury within your flat you could find yourself on the receiving end of a claim. We recommend that every landlord buy cover for Property Owners Liability at the very least as this will protect you personally should a tenant claim against you. Whilst you do not need any other cover you should also consider insuring your contents, loss of rental income and any improvements that you have carried out at the property such as fitted kitchens, bathrooms, double glazing etc. These items may not be covered by your freeholder, or if they are the replacement may not be on a like for like basis so it is worth checking the terms of your lease. We can cover these items under the fixtures and fittings section of our policy.