The TLA Landlord Boiler Statistics 2020/21. A Collation of data between September 28th 2020 – January 4th 2021.
TLA.co.uk landlords have reported a 58% increase in home energy usage by their tenants as well as significant increases in the levels of repairs and replacements for boilers. Energy usage is up as tenants locate at home during lockdown measures.
The COVID-19 pandemic is having a clear knock-on effect is that people are using more energy and at home.
Middle of the day energy usage is currently up 61% as a result of tenants basing themselves at home during the evolving pandemic places more regions into lockdown measures.
Gas and Boiler Issues in let property
- Landlords reported a rise on 2019/2020 (2%) in boiler repairs with 9% of gas property (552k property as of Jan 2021) requiring a repair on a gas boiler within their let properties.
- Furthermore, an increase from 11% to 17% compared with 2020/21 required a replacement gas boiler during Q3 of 2020 (8,490 boilers replaced – figures courtesy of British Gas, Centrica PLC).
Types of Gas Boiler by replacement type
- Types of gas boilers by replacement type
- Combi – 61%
- Regular – 20%
- System – 19%
Repairs By UK Regional breakdown
- The most boiler repairs were needed in London with 10.08% of boilers estimated to have broken down during this period.
- This was closely followed by the West Midlands at 8.04% and the North West at 8.59%.
- Boilers are least likely to break down in South West with 5.80%, Scotland at 5.76% and the North East at 5.55%.
- These results, at an average of 7.1% nationally, suggests 40,000+ boiler repairs were undertaken on property within portlofios managed by landlords under the guidance of The Landlord Association
Results Collated By Landlord Concierge for TLA Members and in addition to data supplied by British Gas, Centrica PLC. All results and figures collected are for the benefit of TLA and contribute towards better researched solutions for all TLA members.